Asian Stone Catfish Temp - URGENT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scteel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all - I have 3 Asian Stone Catfish arriving today. I had originally read a temp guideline of 72 - 76 on two different sites. Now I am reading 64 - 75 on another site. My established 10 gallon tank will be their new home and its currently at a steady 76 degrees and has been for two years. Is that temp too high for these little guys? If so, will decreasing the temp to 74 be unhealthy for my existing fish (5 Panda Corys, 1 small Betta, 2 bumblebee gobies) that have been at 76 for so long? I could really use some help on how to proceed.

Thank you!!!

Everywhere i read says 64-75f
If your heater adjustable? Maybe you can just lower it slightly.

Hi - yes it is - I can set it to a specific degree. I don't think lowering by one degree will hurt the community tank, I hope, but I'm still a newbie. I tried another forum and got blasted for having a betta in a community tank though he seems happy and healthy now for 2 years. thanks for the reply!!!

I never understood that. With the right tankmates bettas can go in community tanks just fine.

Agreed - fish have individual personalities. Some bettas do great in community tanks and others are not suited. They made me feel like a bad pet owner for not getting him his own tank!

thanks Sara B : )

Back
Top Bottom