Assassin Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dukereddevil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All
Can some one tell me will red devil eat Assassin Snail my tank seems very dirty I see kind of hairy thing from my drift wood and my tank also have a small spotted cat fish I'm thinking of getting some snails to clean any suggestions will be appreciated

Sent from my AO5510 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1439922850418.jpg
    1439922850418.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 83
Assassin snails will not eat algae. I suggest cleaning your tank a lot and definitely doing a water change ASAP. Looks very dirty. Nerite snails will help with algae, but it will take a lot of time and a lot of snails to really make a dent in the algae. Assassin snails eat other snails, not algae.

Assassin snails will not eat algae. I suggest cleaning your tank a lot and definitely doing a water change ASAP. Looks very dirty. Nerite snails will help with algae, but it will take a lot of time and a lot of snails to really make a dent in the algae. Assassin snails eat other snails, not algae.

Not quite right!
I'm breeding assasin snails for many years now. And they don't just eat other snails (roundshaped ones) but they do eat waste as well. And... algae! I can garantuee you that!
I'm even mentioning that they eat roundshaped snails. For snails with a similar shape like the assasins won't be eaten.

Not quite right!
I'm breeding assasin snails for many years now. And they don't just eat other snails (roundshaped ones) but they do eat waste as well. And... algae! I can garantuee you that!
I'm even mentioning that they eat roundshaped snails. For snails with a similar shape like the assasins won't be eaten.

Ok just passing along what I've heard! Never heard of them eating algae, interesting........ only murdering other snails :)

Any other crabs or fish which generally cleans the tank

Will turbo snail good to clean and how about star fish can these be kept in freshwater

Ok just passing along what I've heard! Never heard of them eating algae, interesting........ only murdering other snails :)

I guess, what you've heard is a general thing which people just copy. For those snails are known for eating other snails and that they just don't know that they also eat algae.
But don't worry.... no harm done... LOL!
I just wanted to put it right...

You have a nice day,
"S"

Guys please help and can you guys suggest any snail which will help me

Back
Top Bottom