Baby German Blue Rams - Wild strain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up a bag of 5 GBR wild strain babies at my local fish club auction the other day. Funny but they are much smaller than what they appeared to be in the bag. Paid a robust $8.00 for the lot. Hopefully they will survive in my 30g.

rambabies1.jpg

cool, what is your water like? PH, KH, GH? do they require very soft acidic water?

i have always kept my eye open for wild caught GBR, but my water is SOOO hard :?

JDogg said:
cool, what is your water like? PH, KH, GH? do they require very soft acidic water?

I'm lucky in that regard, straight out of the tap the ph is 7.2, kh is 3dkh and gh is @ 4dkh.

JDogg said:
i have always kept my eye open for wild caught GBR, but my water is SOOO hard :?

No, these guys aren't wild caught, their parents are.

Jchillin said:
still with out generations of tank breeding i would think the requirments would be pretty much the same as wild caught

JDogg said:
Jchillin said:
still with out generations of tank breeding i would think the requirments would be pretty much the same as wild caught

Indeed, it is since their parents had it. :) Just wanted to make to remove the thought that I somehow came across some GBR's directly from SA.

Right now they are being fed BBS and they seem to enjoy it. I've also seen them much on a flake (given to the rest of the tank) as well.

Back
Top Bottom