Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have you tried the Frozen Blood Worms? He might go for that maybe. If not any fish will gobble them down.

mwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
turtles are omnivores, and actually eat very little animals. How big are you talking when you say hatchling? 1" or 2" in size? you can try feeder guppies, they are really small and might entice it to eat, if not itll get to it later.

I have a RES and shes a big girl now but she rarely eats meats or pellets she loves her fruits and veggies.
You can get duckweed and alot of it and throw it in the tank. They can go for a long period of time without eating but I dont think yours has any reserves built up to do that.

That's not a planted tank. That's a jungle with glass around it- MFDROOKIE Circa 2011
WhiteDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #13
Guppies, small snails, ghost shrimp, etc. are all good options. So are the plants (which may bring in the snails for you).

It is not the brightness of the light that is critical, the new one has enough light in the right part of the spectrum. This is what is critical in making vitamin D3, which is vital for them to use calcium, which is vital for them to maintain a healthy shell. This along with a complete and balanced diet will make a healthy turtle. Then it is just a matter of keeping the water clean.
Fishguy2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had a similar problem when I had a baby turtle, he didn't feed for a few days, I put ghost shrimp in and after a few days of sharing the tank with them he ate them up, then after a week he was eating pellets and carrot peel, just make the habitat a stress free as possible to encourage Him to eat.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

TomStav is offline   Reply With Quote

baby, eat, turtle

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com