Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Very beautiful Gourami. What do you feed them?

Old 07-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I haven't fed them yet, as I only got them this morning. I'll be away from home for two days so they'll have to fast for a bit. When I get back I'm planning on feeding them frozen brine shrimp, crushed flake food, freeze-dried blackworms, and a high quality micropellet (still to be purchased, I either want RTB or the smallest New Life Spectrum). I like these nanofish, I might get 4 more an d some blue-eyes.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Old 07-30-2015, 12:21 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

UPDATE: The fish are doing really well, except that my diamond tetras scare them and outcompete them for food. I have to put the pellets in a turkey baster and squirt them to my gouramis. I am getting rid of my diamond tetras to have a much quieter tank, and so my shyer fish can get something to eat and so my fish tank is more relaxing. My future stocking plans are a pair of Bolivian rams, a pair of appisto agassizii, 12 sparkling gouramis, and my cardinal tetras. As for plants, I'd like to switch from plastic to planted. I think I will have 1 jungle val, 1 anubias nana, 2 anubias bartieri, duckweed, maybe a crypt wendtii, and maybe some s repens.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out
Old 07-30-2015, 12:43 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticAquarist View Post
UPDATE: The fish are doing really well, except that my diamond tetras scare them and outcompete them for food. I have to put the pellets in a turkey baster and squirt them to my gouramis. I am getting rid of my diamond tetras to have a much quieter tank, and so my shyer fish can get something to eat and so my fish tank is more relaxing. My future stocking plans are a pair of Bolivian rams, a pair of appisto agassizii, 12 sparkling gouramis, and my cardinal tetras. As for plants, I'd like to switch from plastic to planted. I think I will have 1 jungle val, 1 anubias nana, 2 anubias bartieri, duckweed, maybe a crypt wendtii, and maybe some s repens.

Not sure of the temperament of the sparklers compared to other dwarf gourami but gourami tend to fight with one another, 12 sounds like a fight pit lol.

Caleb
Old 07-30-2015, 12:54 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

These ones are peaceful with eachother and way too small to do any damage.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
Not sure of the temperament of the sparklers compared to other dwarf gourami but gourami tend to fight with one another, 12 sounds like a fight pit lol.

I've kept groups of sparkling gourami a number of times with absolutely no issues.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
I've kept groups of sparkling gourami a number of times with absolutely no issues.

That's why I said I wasn't sure other dwarf species

Caleb
Old 07-30-2015, 05:16 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sparklers seem to be more peaceful. I want to get a specimen container and shine a flashlight through the fish so I know how many males and females I have.

Sent via TIE Fighter
Old 07-30-2015, 05:18 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

And sparkling gouramis are not a true dwarf gourami, as they are not in the genus Microtrichogaster or Colisia. They are actually a type of croaking gourami. They scared the crap out of my mom last night after I was in bed with their croaking.

Sent via TIE Fighter
Old 07-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticAquarist View Post
And sparkling gouramis are not a true dwarf gourami, as they are not in the genus Microtrichogaster or Colisia. They are actually a type of croaking gourami. They scared the crap out of my mom last night after I was in bed with their croaking.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Ha! I can imagine. Should have seen the look on my mothers face when I brought home a ropefish called it a snake for months!

Caleb

Tags
adf, fin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com