Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-30-2015, 06:28 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
Ha! I can imagine. Should have seen the look on my mothers face when I brought home a ropefish called it a snake for months!

Caleb

I've been waning a ropefish but my mom wont let me get a big enough tank or any pet that looks like a snake. She won't even let me but kuhli loaches but forced me to buy a pleco for a "bottomfeeder" and wont let me get rid of it. Plecos pump out 2x as much crap as they eat, the entire bottom of my tank is brown and I have to gravel vac and clean everything 1 or 2 times a week... It's funny when parents think they know about fish and are completely wrong. Ropefish are awesome! I bet your mom doesnt even spend much time in your fishroom lol.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Old 07-30-2015, 06:37 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

A 55+ gallon is a big commitment. My mom is fine with the ropefish once she realized it didn't want to kill her. (I got a story about to put on my thread).

Lol parents are funny. Tell her she can clean up the plecos messes since she wanted it!

Caleb

Old 07-31-2015, 11:13 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Plec crap...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438351806.470223.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	275882
Plec crap...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438351858.718867.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	275883
Plec crap.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438351912.976964.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	275884
Lol its a good challenge to keep the stress lines off my bolivian and the nitrate <20ppm.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:15 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Every time I gravel vac more pleco poop comes out of nowhere, and there is just as much as I just siphoned out.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:27 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticAquarist View Post
Every time I gravel vac more pleco poop comes out of nowhere, and there is just as much as I just siphoned out.

Yup, definitely poop machines!
Old 07-31-2015, 04:02 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Heading to PetSmart (don't judge me, I'm a plant newbie) right now to pick up some plants. I might order some JacobsAquarium tissue culture plants (probably some sort of val and some xmas moss). Update after the rescape. Also, now that my gouramis are used to my tank and bold enough to feed they are exhibiting some cool behaviors and colors. You can really see why they are called "sparkling" gouramis. They will not really school, but just chill out in groups of 2-4 under my floating mat thing, and will patrol small (usually shaded) territories from the other gouramis and my cardinal tetras (the bolivian rams sorta freaks them out). So anyways, enough talk. Update in a sec.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:26 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticAquarist View Post
Heading to PetSmart (don't judge me, I'm a plant newbie) right now to pick up some plants. I might order some JacobsAquarium tissue culture plants (probably some sort of val and some xmas moss). Update after the rescape. Also, now that my gouramis are used to my tank and bold enough to feed they are exhibiting some cool behaviors and colors. You can really see why they are called "sparkling" gouramis. They will not really school, but just chill out in groups of 2-4 under my floating mat thing, and will patrol small (usually shaded) territories from the other gouramis and my cardinal tetras (the bolivian rams sorta freaks them out). So anyways, enough talk. Update in a sec.

Petsmart has good plants if they look healthy in the package. I have quite a few from them. Nothing wrong with it!

Caleb
Old 07-31-2015, 05:34 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Got my plants!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438374633.556622.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	275917 2x Crypt wendtii, 1 Anubias nana, 1 crappy java fern with a ton of rotten leaves that I need to trim. Also a package Seachem ammonia (didnt need it but they dont sell them individually) monitors and pH monitors. Rescaping right now.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:57 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The java fern was a wast of my money. Rhizome ripped right in half when I was rinsing the gel off the bottom.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:58 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Waste*

Tags
adf, fin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com