Badis, Sparkler, or Threadfin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't fed them yet, as I only got them this morning. I'll be away from home for two days so they'll have to fast for a bit. When I get back I'm planning on feeding them frozen brine shrimp, crushed flake food, freeze-dried blackworms, and a high quality micropellet (still to be purchased, I either want RTB or the smallest New Life Spectrum). I like these nanofish, I might get 4 more an d some blue-eyes.

Sent via TIE Fighter

UPDATE: The fish are doing really well, except that my diamond tetras scare them and outcompete them for food. I have to put the pellets in a turkey baster and squirt them to my gouramis. I am getting rid of my diamond tetras to have a much quieter tank, and so my shyer fish can get something to eat and so my fish tank is more relaxing. My future stocking plans are a pair of Bolivian rams, a pair of appisto agassizii, 12 sparkling gouramis, and my cardinal tetras. As for plants, I'd like to switch from plastic to planted. I think I will have 1 jungle val, 1 anubias nana, 2 anubias bartieri, duckweed, maybe a crypt wendtii, and maybe some s repens.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

UPDATE: The fish are doing really well, except that my diamond tetras scare them and outcompete them for food. I have to put the pellets in a turkey baster and squirt them to my gouramis. I am getting rid of my diamond tetras to have a much quieter tank, and so my shyer fish can get something to eat and so my fish tank is more relaxing. My future stocking plans are a pair of Bolivian rams, a pair of appisto agassizii, 12 sparkling gouramis, and my cardinal tetras. As for plants, I'd like to switch from plastic to planted. I think I will have 1 jungle val, 1 anubias nana, 2 anubias bartieri, duckweed, maybe a crypt wendtii, and maybe some s repens.

Not sure of the temperament of the sparklers compared to other dwarf gourami but gourami tend to fight with one another, 12 sounds like a fight pit lol.

Caleb

These ones are peaceful with eachother and way too small to do any damage.

Not sure of the temperament of the sparklers compared to other dwarf gourami but gourami tend to fight with one another, 12 sounds like a fight pit lol.

I've kept groups of sparkling gourami a number of times with absolutely no issues.

Sparklers seem to be more peaceful. I want to get a specimen container and shine a flashlight through the fish so I know how many males and females I have.

Sent via TIE Fighter

And sparkling gouramis are not a true dwarf gourami, as they are not in the genus Microtrichogaster or Colisia. They are actually a type of croaking gourami. They scared the crap out of my mom last night after I was in bed with their croaking.

Sent via TIE Fighter

And sparkling gouramis are not a true dwarf gourami, as they are not in the genus Microtrichogaster or Colisia. They are actually a type of croaking gourami. They scared the crap out of my mom last night after I was in bed with their croaking.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Ha! I can imagine. Should have seen the look on my mothers face when I brought home a ropefish ;) called it a snake for months!

Caleb

Ha! I can imagine. Should have seen the look on my mothers face when I brought home a ropefish ;) called it a snake for months!

Caleb

I've been waning a ropefish but my mom wont let me get a big enough tank or any pet that looks like a snake. She won't even let me but kuhli loaches but forced me to buy a pleco for a "bottomfeeder" and wont let me get rid of it. Plecos pump out 2x as much crap as they eat, the entire bottom of my tank is brown and I have to gravel vac and clean everything 1 or 2 times a week... It's funny when parents think they know about fish and are completely wrong. Ropefish are awesome! I bet your mom doesnt even spend much time in your fishroom lol.

A 55+ gallon is a big commitment. My mom is fine with the ropefish once she realized it didn't want to kill her. (I got a story about to put on my thread).

Lol parents are funny. Tell her she can clean up the plecos messes since she wanted it! :D

Caleb

Plec crap...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438351806.470223.jpg
Plec crap...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438351858.718867.jpg
Plec crap.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438351912.976964.jpg
Lol its a good challenge to keep the stress lines off my bolivian and the nitrate <20ppm.

Every time I gravel vac more pleco poop comes out of nowhere, and there is just as much as I just siphoned out.

Heading to PetSmart (don't judge me, I'm a plant newbie) right now to pick up some plants. I might order some JacobsAquarium tissue culture plants (probably some sort of val and some xmas moss). Update after the rescape. Also, now that my gouramis are used to my tank and bold enough to feed they are exhibiting some cool behaviors and colors. You can really see why they are called "sparkling" gouramis. They will not really school, but just chill out in groups of 2-4 under my floating mat thing, and will patrol small (usually shaded) territories from the other gouramis and my cardinal tetras (the bolivian rams sorta freaks them out). So anyways, enough talk. Update in a sec.

Heading to PetSmart (don't judge me, I'm a plant newbie) right now to pick up some plants. I might order some JacobsAquarium tissue culture plants (probably some sort of val and some xmas moss). Update after the rescape. Also, now that my gouramis are used to my tank and bold enough to feed they are exhibiting some cool behaviors and colors. You can really see why they are called "sparkling" gouramis. They will not really school, but just chill out in groups of 2-4 under my floating mat thing, and will patrol small (usually shaded) territories from the other gouramis and my cardinal tetras (the bolivian rams sorta freaks them out). So anyways, enough talk. Update in a sec.

Petsmart has good plants if they look healthy in the package. I have quite a few from them. Nothing wrong with it!

Caleb

Got my plants!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438374633.556622.jpg 2x Crypt wendtii, 1 Anubias nana, 1 crappy java fern with a ton of rotten leaves that I need to trim. Also a package Seachem ammonia (didnt need it but they dont sell them individually) monitors and pH monitors. Rescaping right now.

The java fern was a wast of my money. Rhizome ripped right in half when I was rinsing the gel off the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom