Badis, Sparkler, or Threadfin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExoticAquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey AA, my LFS just got in some scarlet badis, sparkling gourami, and some threadfin rainbows. The LFS guy said that he would recommend any of them for my tank. I have done some quick research and I want to know what you guys think. This will last till 10:00 ES. Say the name of the fish you would like me to purchase and whichever has the most votes by 10:00 I will purchase.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Hey AA, my LFS just got in some scarlet badis, sparkling gourami, and some threadfin rainbows. The LFS guy said that he would recommend any of them for my tank. I have done some quick research and I want to know what you guys think. This will last till 10:00 ES. Say the name of the fish you would like me to purchase and whichever has the most votes by 10:00 I will purchase.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Update: Badis is off the list. I am afraid that they are just too small.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Not voting till I know tank size and stock currently

Caleb

29 gallon tall, soon to be planted, 1 BN pleco, 5 diamond tetra, 6 cardinal tetra, 4 Hyphessobrycon sp. "HY511" (another tetra :p), 1 Bolivian ram.

Sent via TIE Fighter

29 gallon tall, soon to be planted, 1 BN pleco, 5 diamond tetra, 6 cardinal tetra, 4 Hyphessobrycon sp. "HY511" (another tetra :p), 1 Bolivian ram.

Sent via TIE Fighter

And 1 Anubias nana, Adding some java fern and water sprite soon.

Sent via TIE Fighter

+1 for gourami! I also do 30% weekly pwcs. I am going to save the badis for a 10 gallon with some CPDs and RCS.

Sent via TIE Fighter

I'd get a mate for your Bolivian. If you need help sexing the one you have I'd be glad to help. :)

I'd get a mate for your Bolivian. If you need help sexing the one you have I'd be glad to help. :)

He's a male. Love that fish to death, but I don't want him spawning and being aggressive in the community tank.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Nice! Gourami it is. I'll post pics tomorrow when I go pick up a few. I really wanted a badis but my tank is too hyper and I don't want to have to spend a ton of money feeding it.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Nice! Gourami it is. I'll post pics tomorrow when I go pick up a few. I really wanted a badis but my tank is too hyper and I don't want to have to spend a ton of money feeding it.

Sent via TIE Fighter

I plan on getting a pair of Scarlet Badis as soon as I can find them.. but you're right, they're constantly eating and they're also carnivorous so you'd most likely have to feed them separately

I plan on getting a pair of Scarlet Badis as soon as I can find them.. but you're right, they're constantly eating and they're also carnivorous so you'd most likely have to feed them separately

And they have very specific dietary needs and can get a congested liver really quickly. The #2 cause if death in scarlet badis is obesity. I also don't want to spend money on live brine shrimp, daphnia, grindalworms, and microworms. Not yet anyway.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Btw this is my last day on AA for a few weeks. I found out that it is illegal for anybody under 13 to use this site, so I have to wait a bit. Don't expect any updates until 3 weeks have passed.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Btw this is my last day on AA for a few weeks. I found out that it is illegal for anybody under 13 to use this site, so I have to wait a bit. Don't expect any updates until 3 weeks have passed.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Well happy birthday when it rolls around! Hope your tanks stay well.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437925756.716017.jpgSorry for the horrible pic, picked up 4. Can't believe the color on these guys! I want an entire tankful!

Sent via TIE Fighter

Back
Top Bottom