Banded...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well...I've been putting off telling everyone the news. I wanted to see how well it would adapt to my tank and I didn't want to jinx my new and last fish. I've wanted one since I started my tank. From the first moment I walked into the LFS and saw one I knew it was the fish I had to have eventually. So about 4 weeks ago I picked one up after 3 weeks of QT at my LFS and a week of observation at my house. I'm very happy to report that I have a Copper Banded Butterfly in my tank. It was a bit up and down for the first week but everyone in the tank settled down and inducted him into the reef. He has been eating from the moment I got him home. I'm also glad to say that what aptasia I did have in the tank is now gone!!! So far he wont eat any pellets but he is happy to eat every mysis he can get. I've also been supplementing him with actipods. I can't get a good pic of him but as soon as I do I will post it here. I haven't decided on a name yet but Bandit keeps coming to mind. Anyway I thought I would share.

Oh and this eliminates my desire for a clam. I guess I'll have to start another tank for clams. LOL

Great!! Anxiously awaiting pics of him. You'll have plenty of room when you get the 210. Oh! and clams are like lays chips....you can't have just one!

You could always try a small clam and if it begins picking at it you can take it back to the lfs?

Yeah I know...The LFS I got the CBB from had one in one of their display tanks which also had several clams. Over one weekend it decided to have a taste and when they came in all of the clams were gone. I may try a small clam like you said and see what happens but for now I'm happy with my CBB. Who knows...when I do the 210 I may keep the 72 as a clam farm. LOL

Ok...well here are a few pics of Bandit. I couldn't convince him to sit still for a good shot so these will have to do.

1011434smallfo3.jpg

1011437smallzw8.jpg

1011435smallli2.jpg

1011436smallwu5.jpg

Congrats on the new addition. I wouldn't chance a new clam in that tank. But a clam tank, yea that's the ticket :BIG:

Thanks...I'm not too worried about adding a clam right now anyway. I don't want to have to start dosing phyto.....

Hehe...The CBB is the one fish that I wanted from the moment I started my tank. I'm glad I waited until now to get one though. It is or can be one of the more difficult fish to keep because of their eating habbits. So far things are going well!!

Back
Top Bottom