Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Beginner giiven Boyu MT50...help!

I am a complete beginner and have just been given a used Boyu MT50 aquarium. it was a marine set up and now I would like to completely clean it out and make it a new home for my 'fancy' goldfish...

I am currently cleaning it out with a vinegar water solution.

There are two sponge-like filters in the back, a teabag-like sack branded Algone, and what looks like a stocking with sand or grit tied in a ball inside it!

There are three compartments in the rear, one houses the pump and stocking-like bag, the middle one had the two sponges with the teabag in between, and the third had nothing in it.

can anybody help me figure out if any of this can be re-used for my goldfish setup? will i need new filters or pump?

Please see photos

Donal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thats the hardest part done... That Algae is stubborn!!!

Donal is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search