Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

Hahahaa! I totally understand now! I usually avoid them but yesterday I was weak! I wanted to save a female to but I didn't know if they would get along, gotta do my research! Here is a pic of him this morning is his fins supposed to be jagged like that???
Wow beautiful betta i like the red ive noticed each one has different fins my brothers betta is somewhat jagged fins so idk bout the fins

Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Ok, don't really want babies at all... Got enough fry to worry about... Maybe I can put a female in with my cories??? Are you supposed to keep females alone or can you keep more than one female in a tank???
You can but need 4-5 thats what my research came out too

Old 09-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vance1013

Wow beautiful betta i like the red ive noticed each one has different fins my brothers betta is somewhat jagged fins so idk bout the fins
Thank you! He was maroon yesterday. I woke up and turned the lights on and didn't recognize him lol! Thats ok, I love him the way he is
Old 09-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post
Ok, don't really want babies at all... Got enough fry to worry about... Maybe I can put a female in with my cories??? Are you supposed to keep females alone or can you keep more than one female in a tank???
You can keep a sorority a female Bettas together. Here is some info I had save on my computer that I had found a while ago on another forum about it.

Quote:
Female Betta Sororities.

It is fairly well known that male betas cannot live together however, female bettas can live together under the right conditions. Here are a few things you need to consider before setting up a "sorority" tank, a community of female bettas.

Tank size- The tank you house your females in shouldn’t be any smaller than 10 gallons. 20 gallon long tanks work very well. A larger tank gives the girls more room to move around and also gives you room for plenty of plants, hiding/getaway places and decorations such as small terra cotta pots, bridges and castles. You can use either real or fake plants. The tank should be cycled, filtered and heated.

Number of females- Females can be as aggressive as males. The more females you have spreads out the aggression. It is not a good idea to have only two females together as this will cause one to beat up on the other and it could result in the death of one or both of the females. It is also not recommended to have less than 4 females. Six or more is better. Be careful not to overstock your tank.

Adding your females- Add the least aggressive females first. Two to three can be added at a time. Opinions differ on the size of the females. Some say that it’s best to house similarly sized betas in a sorority tank and others say it doesn’t make any difference.

Aggression- Some aggression is normal. There will be some nipping and chasing as they establish a pecking order. One female will become the “alpha” or dominant female. If you remove them for any reason, then rearrange the plants and décor, they will reestablish their territories. If a female is being overly aggressive and it doesn’t slow down after a few days, remove her. After a few days of “time out” you can try adding her back into the tank. If she continues her aggressive behavior toward the others, she will have to be put in her own tank.
Each female betta has her own personality and some will do well in a sorority setting and some will not. After adding your females to the tank, you’ll want to keep a close eye on them. You’ll want to do this when you are home so you can remove a problem female or remove and treat an injured one if needed.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso77

You can keep a sorority a female Bettas together. Here is some info I had save on my computer that I had found a while ago on another forum about it.
Thank you! Oh man, I see another tank in the future!! I have 7 now... What's one more eh??? Lol!!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Thank you! He was maroon yesterday. I woke up and turned the lights on and didn't recognize him lol! Thats ok, I love him the way he is
Lol mine kinda does a prism effect in the light its cool he likes to look at himself in the reflection of the tank
Old 09-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vance1013

Lol mine kinda does a prism effect in the light its cool he likes to look at himself in the reflection of the tank
I've noticed mine doing that also! Haha! He loves an anubias I have in there he sits in the leaves
Old 09-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post
Thank you! Oh man, I see another tank in the future!! I have 7 now... What's one more eh??? Lol!!
Your very welcome. Ya if you already have 7 what's 1 more. lol
Old 09-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso77

Your very welcome. Ya if you already have 7 what's 1 more. lol
How is your betta doing
Old 09-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vance1013 View Post
How is your betta doing
My Betta is doing great thank you. He is building me a cute bubble nest right now.

Tags
betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com