Betta Splendens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
Your typical Splendens veil tail. He was the best looking one and he was an impulse buy :) He has been hiding in the cave all day so it's hard to get a good pic. but hopefully he will liven up once he settles in

Crappy pics, it was hard to get good ones of him. And I know there is water spots all over lol. Tank willl be cleaned tmrw again, going to do PWCs everyday until I know for sure he is good to go.

img_1138808_0_e107002a5758c6d71c93a6e0cef9c824.jpg

img_1138808_1_f6e405db8d02f22cabac3a139ad47951.jpg

img_1138808_2_1b4b8167af2f41caab5f2a20a8b9ec5c.jpg

Awww, he looks so sad in the pics! I know you will be a good mom and cheer him right up though!
I like the looks of that guy! Make sure he opens his fins for you. After a couple days when he settles in, put a hand mirror up to the tank and try to get him to flare for you, so you can get a good look at his gills and fins. ;)

Ok here he is today... colors are looking better but I am not sure about his fins. Still water spots because I am working on figuring out how he is comfiest in there. I took some gravel out, lowered the water level and put his bridge under the strongest part of the current. He really likes the cave. Don't they make like betta beds or something? I want to get him something cool like that. I also did 1gal water change and will be doing them every day or so for a while until I am sure he is good.

also got some freeze dried bloodworms, hope he doesn't get constipated. I will be getting some good ones next time I can .

DSCF9539.JPG

DSCF9543.JPG

All these bettas....Anymore and I'll be convinced in getting one again myself. I haven't had a betta since the last one died 4 years ago. Wonderful thing is he lived for 6 years so it was time anyways....

Mine was totally an impulse buy :) I wasn't planning on getting one since a) I already have a 'species' tank (i won't know if he is nice or not for a while lol) and b) I didn't really care for them at first honestly. Then my friend gave me a betta bowl... too small... lol so he's in the tank now

His fins look a little clamped, but with clean water he should be good to go!
Do not feed him that freeze-dried crap, he will get bloated. :( Go get some pellets ASAP. ;)
I am trying to figure out what kind of betta he is....I don't think he's a VT. Let me do some searching, and I will be back. :)

OK he kind of looks like a cross between a spade and a veil tail. I am pretty sure he is a veil tail, but he has some type of fin rot going on I think. His fins don't look too bad, but there is a small hole in the bottom fin and he has a little bit of curling going on (what are those two things sticking out like gouramis have? lol)

He did open up for me, his gills look good. It was cool when he did that! :) It's still hard to get a good pic because he likes to be in the most complicated corner lol

he's purrrddyyyy :D i want one too lol . i'm just worried about the plants i have in there, but they are like the whole point of the tank lol. i dunno what to do :(

well that's what i'm talking about.. i would want him for the 10 but all the plants are plastic :(

Yeah that's what I did. i just went and got some silk ones and took the plastic ones out.

Ok so here he is today. I think it is cool when he sticks that labyrinth thing out

DSCF9554.JPG

DSCF9557.JPG

DSCF9560.JPG

See here is what I am talking about as far as those bottom things curling. I am not sure what they are called. And his tail fin looks like it is rotting :(

DSCF9563.JPG

they are so stinkin expensive when you get enough to do a whole tank though. i just bought most of the ones in there, i'd hate to just take them out to sit there.

yes they are expensive lol. I say you could put some in the other tanks maybe? Then save the remaining ones for the next tank :D Are you guys going to get another big one? I remember you were going to get that 55 or whatever , what ever happened with that?

i love his red fins. maybe you could name him Jupiter? i had a betta a long time ago (that lived in a bowl i'm sad to say, he lived about a year) his name was Mercury. i also saw that aq named his betta Neptune. we could have a whole theme going on and i will get one and name it Uranus lol.

the 55 is sitting in the garage. we will be slowly collecting equipment and everything for it over time, as we can afford. it will be a long term project. we are planning a low-med light planted tank with a large school of rosy barbs and a community based around them. well, that's what we have talked about anyway, it's bound to change i'm sure :D

i'll have to talk to the hubs about getting new plants. i'm sure buying a few new plants and a betta will be just as much if not less expensive than trying to get all the nano fish we would otherwise stock it with.

Back
Top Bottom