Big Fat Mondo Derasa Clam & Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Saw this guy and knew he was comin' home with me. I just snapped off this picture about 3 hours after I got him home (2 hr drip).

img_949052_0_42547df1904066a51171278d1bde1b16.jpg

here's a picture of him near my other clam (a maxima) just to give you an idea of how big that beastie is...

img_949052_1_adc1fd01006b97fa3d5c1b97b990542c.jpg

Oh, and next to the Derasa clam is a new coral (PLATYGYRA BRAIN) I really liked the coloring on it and I had a nice spot for him.

I also picked up a really nice scolymia from Australia. This picture doens't even come close to the coloring of it. Nice oranges, reds and yellows.

img_949052_2_eaa1599cf80b620157457eb426cea9af.jpg

and of course I can never go without a new frogspawn whenever possible.

img_949052_3_2b40d9db5b510fff6a9139ec5f026430.jpg

nice big clam. Do you have him balancing up there on his own? I have been thinking about getting a scoly. The colorful ones are so expensive

I believe you are talking about the sea urchin ryshark. Very nice clam Mrsbeanctr. Looks very healthy. He should do good in your mature and stable tank.

Thank you Melosu! How about a trade....clam for purple brain?? (one of these days!) LOL

ryshark-nope, no sea apple. They are very interesting creatures but I'm not willing to chance it. My urchin is enough of a challenge for me. I came home today and it was dragging around a mounted zoa frag on it's back...crazy thing!

That thing is cool looking. I have only seen sea urchins in all black at my LFS. Well, either that or wrapped up with rice and seaweed.

Nice pickup Mrs Beans, always go for more than u supposed to eh? :) I still luv the maxima :p

I keep going to the "AA" site but I keeps directing me to this site! nyuk nyuk nyuk

Thanks much for the kind words folks.....still on the hunt for a squamosa tho....

Back
Top Bottom