Black diamond blasting sand 20/40 medium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexgray

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone help please looking for a supplier of above in North ayrshire Scotland uk. Thanks Alex ( new member):)

I found mine at tractor supply- it is like a farming type of store like someone else said- but more towards the tractor/mechanical side. Not sure if it helps. I don't really know what you guys have over there

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am sure there are suppliers for sand blasting somewhere near you. I think #40 grit is too fine, and even #20 is quite fine. I am switching to to #12 on next tank. You may find it under a different brand name in your area. It could even be a different substance. Black blasting sands are generally some form of slag. The stuff I have is nickel slag.

I don't remember the number, but I have the medium grade ( 40 maybe) I think it's awesome!! I have no problems with it. I could see going larger but def not smaller.

May the force be with you.

Yeah I went medium 20/40 and like it a lot

Before you put it in the tank rinse it a ton!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

#40 is quite fine, while #20 is the same grit size as PFS. Personally, I found the #20 quite fine, and opted for #12 on the second bag. Pert of the problem is the material is relatively light.

Back
Top Bottom