Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Black Lyretail Molly

Just got this little guy last weekend... I fell in love with him straight away and named him Kiernan, which is Gaelic for little dark one.

You can't tell due to the blur of the picture, but the very very crest of his dorsal fin is yellow. Almost reminds me of those black birds with splotches of bright red or yellow on their shoulders.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Beautiful molly!! Its awesome to see someone using a Gaelic name! Not many people know much about Gaelic and I didn't even think to name the fish after my heritage like that. Good stuff!

I just got a beautiful Dalmatian Molly that has orange spots all along his body and has blue streaks in his tail, a truly beautiful combination as well.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thank you very much! I try to be unique with the names I give my fish as each of them are special to me. This one has been full of personality too... Sometimes he'll follow my finger through the glass, other times he'll nip at my finger if I dip it under the surface of the water, haha.

I see your location is Rochester. I don't suppose that might be Rochester NY?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #4

Yeah its good ol' Rochester NY! But I go to school in NYC.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Haha, I'll be ****ed. I live about half an hour from Roc. I pass through on my
way to North Chili every weekend.

Update: rearranged a lot of the plants in my tank to improve the aesthetic. While all the other fish were confused, disoriented, and jockeying for territory again, the Kiernan was happy as ever. Eats a lot though. O-o;
Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #6

Haha! that is awesome, small world! Real question is whats in north Chili, don't get out there much we actually live in Webster so its the wrong side of the city for us!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I live in Macedon myself, so not that far from you. Roberts Wesleyan College is in North Chili. :]

Tags
lyretail, molly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com