Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Black Molly Babies safe from Pistol Shrimip

I thought we all needed a good laugh so decided to post my "new acquisition" for a change. I usually don't for lack of a camera and I know how AA people like their "lookies"..lol. Well, surprise !!! I DO have a camera and took some pics, but now I have to learn how to get them to this thread and that will have to wait until bro-in-law suffers wandering out to the country to help. But I promise I will get them here.

So, today my Tangaroa Goby with his Red Banded Pistol Shrimp partner came via our beloved Fedex. It took awhile to get through all 6 of the heavy duty bags to finally the one containing the shrimp. I thought he was dead, but it was just a piece of coral they had put in. A very small piece. When I finally found him I couldn't stop laughing. Folks, this shrimp cannot be more than BARELY 1/2 inch long, if that. But he showed all of the characteristic behaviors of the Pistols; shooting backwards at the speed of light; flipping from one place to another before you know he's gone. I acclimated them and they went into their 20 gallon reef where the Black Molly and her babies are..had to start laughing again...he isn't but a tad bigger than the Molly babies !!! So, I guess there will be some black molly babies getting bigger...Maybe the Goby will eat a few.

I have 2 High Fin Red Banded Gobies and 2 more Red Banded Pistols coming next week for the same tank, so it should be interesting. The Tangaroa Goby is only an inch long himself.

I shall be sure to keep the camera within reach when all of the inhabitants arrive and hope to take a couple of decent shots to show you then.

Thank you for sharing my story...I figure it was a good joke on me.

BTW.....Molly Experts...........will the mother be any threat to my tiny Pistol?

I wish I could walk my fish ....
Copepod is offline   Reply With Quote

babies, black molly, molly, pistol, rim, safe

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com