Blue Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kay-bee19

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had this blue crayfish for a about couple of weeks now.

I keep primarily african cichlids and have never had an invertebrate before. It's pretty interesting so far. He's all by himself in a solitary 44-gal.

img_590706_0_f9e75c5480d15c60435d1e915e933570.jpg

oooooooooooooooooo What a beautiful creature. I bet he's thrilled to have that HUGE tank to himself. 8)

have you had him walk up your arm yet?
Does he come to the front to say good morning? Mine is wounded after a molt and I put him in a 10g. He comes to the front each and every time I sit down next to the tank. Like he is waving at me saying tanks for helping me out here. I love my new digs. :) Before I put him in the 10g he was in a 2g bowl for quarentine. I would pick him up daily and he would walk up my arms, over my hands, he likes the mirror and my nose :) I have not gotten to play with him like this since he relocated, but he come up to say Hello daily. They seem to enjoy being petted just like my cat. I would rub his head and back, even his tummy once. Mine is not a blue as yours and was labeled a blue lobster. He is blue and has some purpley-pink patches. He doesn't have all his color back yet, this was about a week after his molt and being terrorized.

Attachments

• dscf0162s_159.jpg
    dscf0162s_159.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 48
  • dscf0134s_120.jpg
    dscf0134s_120.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 56
I don't know about the salt. I have added salt to the tank with no ill effects. Not tons, but the recommended amounts.

Back
Top Bottom