Blyxa Japonica, Java moss and Wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally got some Blyxa Japonica (darn hard to find) got 2 plants for 4.99 total or 2.50 each. Also got a tennis ball clump of java moss for 3 dollars and some driftwood.

The funny thing is the cashier decided to be nice and took 6 dollars off the price tag for the wood. I guess he recognized me from my weekly trips to the fish store lol.

Pics in 30 minutes!

dsc01442.jpg

Blyxa next to my api test card and my graduated cylinders and AWS scale I use for measuring ferts and what not.

dsc01441y.jpg

DW and my cup of java moss next to my silicone caulking as I prepare to combine the branches into a stump.

Thanks haha. The good thing is about my lfs is that they purchase their plants from local hobbyists so the water chemistry won't change much tank to tank and there's no shipping stress on the plants.

Hmm. Blyxa I suppose is a pretty easy plant to care for. It just needs high light and CO2. Otherwise it's pretty much plant and forget. There are similar looking plants that are low light such as Sagittaria Subulata if you're interested.

As for the fts, tomorrow evening guys! I just tore the whole thing apart (again) in preparation for the wood haha. And yes, the fish are fine, I just took out some rocks and pulled up the stems for replanting. So it basically looks like someone dropped a weedwhacker in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom