Bought used tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Soooo craigs list has been my best pal again.. Got a 30gl with stand and a marineland emperor 400 filter.. For up to 90gl??? Which is gunnna beee awwwweeesome for a 30 gl.. I also bought a H.O.T magnum canister filter for it.. My question is.. The previous owner did NO preventitive maintnnce on the tank or filter.. I scrubbed n scrubbed the filter to try n get clean becouse i plan on doing sw in it.. My qiestion is dum and simple.. How can i get tbe build up off og everything when a hose,soap, and scrubbn aint working?? Also threw out the hood and light since it was that bad coverd in some kind of calcium build up..thanks for any advice i dont wanna resort to bleach

Yesterday I also bought a used tank advertised as a 30 but measures to be a 38. Anyway I have the same problem with the fact that I too have to do a lot of scrubbing. I too got a nice HOB filter with it. How deep is your tank? Mine is 12 deep and 19 high. Do you think the depth will make it hard to aquascape? Seems narrow to me.:confused:

Yea im gunna need to re think the rock scaping since it is pretty narrow.

Just a thought but you could build your rock work up, drilling holes through them and inserting plastic rods, or pvc.

i just let anything that'd fit in the sink soak in very hot water, i too had a calcium build up on everything, just keep scrubbing ittl come off, eventually.

Back
Top Bottom