Brakish dudes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IchthyChris

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found these guys in china town. "freshwater" moray eels! ...and they were only $10! I think they'll be happier in brackish water. So I'm gonna start an oddball tank with the eels and some mudskippers. Yay!

image-1208168496.jpg

holly ish that thing is scurry! haha hope you have a really tight lid

Update: ...they eat mud skippers... They are both about 18 inches long now and live in full saltwater. They actually have interesting personalities. They swim to the front of the tank and "wag their tails" when I walk in the room. They've never attempted to bite me when I put my hand in the tank but seeing them in a feeding frenzy is a lil scary, so the tank walls get dirty. They wont eat red meat at all, so if they did bite me its prolly because they were startled. They eat cocktail shrimp once a week. Not too demanding.
My next project is to build a cave (tube) with one exit that I can cap off to contain them while I clean. They have a tube that they live in but it's open at both ends. If this works, I can add more coral. The have a couple Kenya trees now but anything else would require too much "hands on" maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom