Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Brand new AquaOne Aquastyle 850!!

It's brought it home today! Yay!!!!
It's a perfect Christmas present for both me and my wife
The only 'thing' is it just have this top-tray filter I never used before, so I'd appreciate any tips/advices from you guys. Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-780261001.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	66637   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4111119176.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	66638  

Old 12-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very cool. What are you planning on putting in it when the time comes?

Old 12-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettababe1011 View Post
Very cool. What are you planning on putting in it when the time comes?
Thanks!!
Well, I'm already running a 100l aquarium with a few mixed fishes (you can see the list in my profile), so the new tank is just an upgrade.
I plan to put all my friends in the new one after the cycling and get rid of the old tank (it's few years old and very, very scratched, but I suppose it could still do a good sump tank if someone would want one?)
Maybe a few more fishes to complete the schools, like an extra Glassfish and a Black Skirt Tetra or two
Old 12-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool. I'm sure they'll appreciate it!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well, I've finished with the move and all my fishes seems to be happy with that, apart from my Amano Shrimp that doesn't want to come out at all
I only wish someone would tell me about the filter BEFORE I bought the tank It's making so much noise!! I guess it's natural, since the water need to drop from the filter to a surface... I wonder-- if I put a bit of the filter foam would that affect the filter at all? I guess it would stop the dripping noise as it would just sipping through the foam, but won't it harm the fish/filter?
Oh, and here's the picture
Old 12-31-2011, 02:14 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It might back up the water in the filter and cause a flood. You could put some filter floss to minimize the noise a bit, but keep an eye out. Or you could raise the level of the water in the tank. But it looks like its right at the rim?

Nice tank. How hard was it to hide under the tree? :p
Old 12-31-2011, 02:16 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh just realized that it was your bubbler in the middle. That output on the right corner shouldn't be making any noise. Maybe it's your powerhead? Did you invert it inside the tank to get all the air out of the propellers?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizerBunoi View Post
Oh just realized that it was your bubbler in the middle. That output on the right corner shouldn't be making any noise. Maybe it's your powerhead? Did you invert it inside the tank to get all the air out of the propellers?
What do you mean by "invert"? If you meant to turn it upside-down after filling the tank with water then no, I didn't do that I'll try with next water change!
Also - i put some of the old media into the tray as well, but I can't see how that would affect the water outcome...
And yes, it's the bubbler in the middle and the water is just to the rim
Old 12-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did my first water test after the move: Ammonia is 0, but the Nitrite was at 0.1ppm - are the filters cycling or something? I was hoping that 2 and a half filter would do the job [two filters running and a media from third one ]
Didn't test the Nitrates yet, as my API didn't arrive.

Anyway - I did a 20% water change and test again tomorrow, as I'm going out tonight.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Another day and the Nitrites are at 0.1 again. Where are they coming from? Is this some sort of mini-cycle? How harmful can that be for the fishes at this level?
Ammonia is still at 0.

Tags
aquaone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com