Brand new AquaOne Aquastyle 850!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's brought it home today! Yay!!!!
It's a perfect Christmas present for both me and my wife :)
The only 'thing' is it just have this top-tray filter I never used before, so I'd appreciate any tips/advices from you guys. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• image-780261001.jpg
    image-780261001.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 153
  • image-4111119176.jpg
    image-4111119176.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 170
Very cool. What are you planning on putting in it when the time comes?

Thanks!!
Well, I'm already running a 100l aquarium with a few mixed fishes (you can see the list in my profile), so the new tank is just an upgrade.
I plan to put all my friends in the new one after the cycling and get rid of the old tank (it's few years old and very, very scratched, but I suppose it could still do a good sump tank if someone would want one?)
Maybe a few more fishes to complete the schools, like an extra Glassfish and a Black Skirt Tetra or two ;)

Well, I've finished with the move and all my fishes seems to be happy with that, apart from my Amano Shrimp that doesn't want to come out at all :)
I only wish someone would tell me about the filter BEFORE I bought the tank :D It's making so much noise!! I guess it's natural, since the water need to drop from the filter to a surface... I wonder-- if I put a bit of the filter foam would that affect the filter at all? I guess it would stop the dripping noise as it would just sipping through the foam, but won't it harm the fish/filter?
Oh, and here's the picture :D
attachment.php

It might back up the water in the filter and cause a flood. You could put some filter floss to minimize the noise a bit, but keep an eye out. Or you could raise the level of the water in the tank. But it looks like its right at the rim?

Nice tank. How hard was it to hide under the tree? :p

Oh just realized that it was your bubbler in the middle. That output on the right corner shouldn't be making any noise. Maybe it's your powerhead? Did you invert it inside the tank to get all the air out of the propellers?

Oh just realized that it was your bubbler in the middle. That output on the right corner shouldn't be making any noise. Maybe it's your powerhead? Did you invert it inside the tank to get all the air out of the propellers?

What do you mean by "invert"? If you meant to turn it upside-down after filling the tank with water then no, I didn't do that :) I'll try with next water change!
Also - i put some of the old media into the tray as well, but I can't see how that would affect the water outcome...
And yes, it's the bubbler in the middle and the water is just to the rim :)

Did my first water test after the move: Ammonia is 0, but the Nitrite was at 0.1ppm - are the filters cycling or something? I was hoping that 2 and a half filter would do the job ;) [two filters running and a media from third one :D]
Didn't test the Nitrates yet, as my API didn't arrive.

Anyway - I did a 20% water change and test again tomorrow, as I'm going out tonight.

Another day and the Nitrites are at 0.1 again. Where are they coming from? Is this some sort of mini-cycle? How harmful can that be for the fishes at this level?
Ammonia is still at 0.

The noise is made by the "drain" on the right - when the water goes down into the hole; does that mean that there should be more water going through there? I see the current in there is quite strong.
When I reduced the diameter of the hole the noise was significantly smaller-- I don't know whether I can do that on a longer term?

Back
Top Bottom