Can you help ID new fish, please??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouida404

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Local pet store said these were sun barbs, and they would stay small. Looking that name up, I don't think it's right. I really would like to know for sure, they are eating the roots completely off my frogbit, and they attack my Christmas moss too? But they are lively. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1424565836995.jpg
    1424565836995.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 147
Thank you, the pictures look so different online, I just couldn't tell:) love this forum!

Kinda looks like a cherry barb. If it's a rosy barb u better have a pretty big tank. Those guys get big

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes I have cherry barbs, and I know they are way different. When the pet store called them small sun barbs, I was thinking like golden barbs, but as soon as I started looking at pictures, I wasn't too sure. Now seeing the rosy barbs, they look very much the same. So they will get twice the size as the pet store told me:(

Yes I have cherry barbs, and I know they are way different. When the pet store called them small sun barbs, I was thinking like golden barbs, but as soon as I started looking at pictures, I wasn't too sure. Now seeing the rosy barbs, they look very much the same. So they will get twice the size as the pet store told me:(

How many do you have and what tank size?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have four of the rosy barbs in a 75g tank. and 7 cherry barbs. But everything I read says the rosy barbs need to be in a school of 5 or more. I can't get more at that size. Buy they seem peaceful right now, just super active.

ImACoolguy, that's a great site. Thank you very much. I didn't know there was such a thing as a fish stock calculator:)

ImACoolguy, that's a great site. Thank you very much. I didn't know there was such a thing as a fish stock calculator:)

The stocking is pretty accurate as well as compatibility but some do not believe the filtration capacity is accurate. It's your decision to determine if you have sufficient filtration

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I think I have good filteration, a marineland emperor 400, and two power heads attached to an undergravel filter. I know everyone hates ugf, but when it was the only filter in the tank, water was always clear. I also added phosguard to the filter, and all my algae worries are gone. Everything is in check right now, the reason I'm so worried about over stocking:) thanks

Back
Top Bottom