Can't believe what I found at Petsmart!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's gorgeous! I look at them on Aquabid all the time but don't have an aquarium for just 1 fish. Too bad they can't get along with others of their kind.

I think I'll try him in my 29 gallon community in a month or so and see how he does. It's all nano fish save for my two weirdo gobies but I'm not sure if the threadfins and he will get along. Regardless he seems to appreciate being out of his tiny cup!

It is sorta random how you can occasionally find a gem of a betta at Petsmart and Petco. I think the suggestion to check right after they get a new shipment is a good one. I think that's what this must have been, a good half of the bettas on the fish wall looked ill or much older than this guy. He was part of a very healthy looking group on a shelf by themselves, so I think they must have been relatively new to the store.

I'll have to put updated photos of him in a couple of weeks once he's less stressed. I'm curious to see if his color deepens any!

Please everybody read my new thread in aquaria off topic is my fish dead or stunned! Please hurry I want to know if he has a chance

Well Sol seems to be doing well in his new tank, although he doesn't eat as enthusiastically as I expected after all I've heard about bettas being little pigs.

He's developed a little orange veining in his body and fins, and the lower half of his fins are still clear. Here's some updated photos:

In the last one you can really see the lines where his color is darker. I love this fish! Best $4 I've spent in a long time.

Attachments

• image-1577572425.jpg
    image-1577572425.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image-4130766588.jpg
    image-4130766588.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image-2611498579.jpg
    image-2611498579.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 98
Mine love frozen foods such as bloodworms and brine shrimp. Just gotta thaw it first obviously. Good luck with your pretty new fish!

Love looking at the pictures, I have to say, he is a very beautiful yellow. You must be on a special fish high after getting him :)

My petsmart had surprisingly pretty bettas yesterday too! Right after I spent $35 total on a metallic green crown tail. Twiddling my thumbs till he gets here. That yellow is striking! Enjoy him!

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

From Thailand I should have said...

I saw the photo you posted of that betta! He's stunning. Hope your shipping goes smoothly, I just couldn't bring myself to deal with the transhipping to get one from overseas.

My guy really does seem to be happy in his planted nano. There was a trace (not even the lowest mark) of ammonia when I tested this week, so I'm doing some extra water changes just to be safe. At least they're a snap in this size tank!

He was definitely an impulse purchase for a newb such as myself.

Aquabid.com and the seller is interbettas. I'm waiting to see what happens once it hits the states. I'm thinking I will be "surprise stuck" with the transhippers fees somehow. Though that was never mentioned prior or anywhere on the auction. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom