Can't believe what I found at Petsmart!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TXaggie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just found a yellow betta at Petsmart!! He has some black marks on his body, but he has a light colored chin and light eyes and is awesome! I love the yellow bettas I've seen online but had given up on getting one due to cost and rarity. I just couldn't pay the crazy shipping costs to get one from Thailand. I'll put up some pics after I get him acclimated.

Other than his color he's nothing special, but I still am over the moon. Just goes to show you that sometimes it pays to check around at the big box stores.....

Not if only I could get somewhere local to get some lyretail australe killifish I'd be all set.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390617150.062655.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390617198.369767.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390617232.392926.jpg

Just some crappy iPad photos, but he's still a beauty! I think I might call him "Sol."

Yes, it's a 2.5 gallon tank but it's planted, heated and filtered. I may try him in my 29 gallon community but I feel like I'm giving him a good home either way. : )

I never had a Betta, they are beautiful fish, your is unique, never seen a yellow one, sometimes one can find good deals in Petco.
Not to change the topic...I have to say, some Petco's are worth going to. There is one I pass on a daily basis in Somerville NJ that has a very experienced staff and a very nice selection of fresh and saltwater fish which is rare.

Love that Betta!
Bet he's overjoyed for his new beautifully planted tank!

It may be a bit small of a space, but . . . That is one very lucky fish to have gone home to that nice, beautifully planted tank instead of some tiny, sterile globe (I would guess that the majority of them are condemned to that sad life). He's a beauty!

That's awesome! Petco actually has some pretty good ones from time to time. Just have to get them right after they restock

Back
Top Bottom