Chalinochromis sp. "Ndobhoi"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mentallylost

Aquarium Advice Freak
They just keep coming! I just arrived home from work and went on to my nightly fish keeping chores. Lights, feeding, accountability, etc. And tonite in my 125 gallon tank were 4 little Chalinochromis sp. "Ndobhoi" wigglers in front of me. I didn't even know that they had spawned. And not just yesterday either. Those little things were already 1/2" long. So apparently, they have been in there a little more than a day or 2. So much for my daily accountability chores. I am such a bad father.

That is so cool! You gotta love that :D

I am curious how you manage the dietary needs of the fish in your 125 - I know you have some "aufwuchs" invertebrate and carnivore feeders with some vegetarians, so what do you feed?

Also, did you provide pots for the Chalinochromis, or did they just find their way amongst the rocks? Fingers crossed for their survival, but they have quite a job staying properly hidden, I'd say.

I try and feed them a rotation of Omega One Cichlid Flakes and a variety of a few different frozen foods. Rotating every other day between them. The frozen's that I use are krill, brine shrimp, emerald entree, and white mosquito larvae. Lately I have been feeding them twice a day. The extra feedings are always the flakes.

But no, there are no pots in the tank. I do have a couple of pvc pipes hidden under the gravel and behind the rocks. But I don't think that they used the pipes. I saw the babies emerging from the larger piece of holey rock in the middle of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom