Check out the new fish room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the Cochu's blue tetras.. If i ever do FW which i'm sure i will since i want to do a small planted tank.. i think i want these to be the only fish in the tank. Can these go with amano shrimp?

Thanks guys! :D

Zero, we are actually keeping the Cochu's blue with Amano shrimp now. They seem to be doing great together so far. The only suggestion I would make for a Cochu's blue tetra and Amano shrimp tank is that it needs to be a 30 inch tank at least- these tetras are super active swimmers, even though they only grow to about 2 inches.

Can you guys get Scarlet Badis or zebra otos? How much would it be with shipping through you guys? I live in Michigan; but I have been checking out all of your stuff and I would love to order from you! The only LFS up here that told me they would order fish for me had a bunch of dead fish and nasty looking tanks. I don't really want to go through them lol.

Oh snap.. :( I was going to do like a 25G FW cube just like my sw cube.. But I guess not lol. Maybe I'll just add a couple neon tetras and stick to the amanos. Thanks for the info SM!

A 29 gallon would be nice for them I think.

mg- the big angels are not for sale (well, I guess they are if the price is right, lol), we are hoping that they will breed for us. I have no idea what sex they are though.

The albino koi swordtail is sweet! I've never seen one. What is it? Like a platy or guppy? Or is it in the koi family? I guess I could just look it up but what fun is that.

The albino koi swordtail is sweet! I've never seen one. What is it? Like a platy or guppy? Or is it in the koi family? I guess I could just look it up but what fun is that.
swordtails are a type of molly. they're called koi swordtails, well, because they look like koi :)

Actually it is an albino color morph of a color strain of Xiphophorus helleri. No natural relation to mollies or guppies, but they are capable of interbreeding.

maybe that explains why i never thought they looked like a molly.... personally, I think they look alot like platys. I just broke rule number 1... never trust a chain store employee!

Man, i am gonna have to find a tank to fit that corner in my room. It will only fit a odd shaped aquarium and in my 75g these guys will get gobbled up.

Back
Top Bottom