Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Berylb66

Aquarium Advice Newbie
For the last two days my relatively new tank has gone cloudy. I read one article that said not to do a water change then another that says to was all the fake plants and decorations clean the filter and change water. I have a Fluval 205 on a 29 gallon tank. Never had this problem when I had a 70 gallon tank. Please help. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's about 4 weeks old

Since its a new set up, more than likely its a bacterial bloom. Do you have another tank?

Yes but it is not set up yet

I ment an established one, sorry about that. lol
The reason i asked is so you can take water from the old tank and put it in the new tank.

Well unfortunately I don't. . I just got back into fish and I sold my 70 gallon a long time ago. .

It appears to be clearing up a little. Should I wait and do a 10% water change on Monday?

Have your water tested and see if your NitrAtes are high, if they are then do a small water change.

Okay thank you

Have your water tested and see if your NitrAtes are high, if they are then do a small water change.

Good advice! Remember also the smaller the tank, the harder it is to maintain. I always go by this formula 3 inches of fish per gallon in your tank. so if you fish are three inches each, you should not have more than 10 fish. If fish are smaller you can have more. Hope this helps some.

Mike.:)

Good advice! Remember also the smaller the tank, the harder it is to maintain. I always go by this formula 3 inches of fish per gallon in your tank. so if you fish are three inches each, you should not have more than 10 fish. If fish are smaller you can have more. Hope this helps some.

Mike.:)

I don't have 10.fish and I already got a larger tank. The water had cleared up on its own
I guess it's cycled now. And the nitrates are good. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom