Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2011, 02:10 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Atxpunx
How are these lights treating your plants? I'm jonesin to buy one but wanna make sure it's worth the ten bucks

Old 09-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

There doing good , IMO, it's the fish not being so nice! The put out 6500k, and 75 watts and I have two of them and a 125 gallon tank so thats how many watts per gallon ? I think the light is working but I have to do research and see , should I be give plant food and should I have co2 stuff like that.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well co2 and plant food should help the progress of your plants. If one of the elements that help plants grow is stronger the other elements should be brought to the same level. At a certain point the lights don't help because the plants don't have the other things, I.e. Co2 to breath or nutrients to use.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #14

My local fish store guy and I talk alot and he has been doing this his whole life , he says you don't really need the co2 . But I really want it because I like the plants alot, but I can see a difference in color without the light .
Old 09-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well the owner of ur LFS profits from you buying things like more plants . All plants need co2 to breathe. It's like humans need oxygen. Having the co2 available allows the plant absorb the other things it needs. I would get a diy co2 system set up. It cost me six dollars to get the sugar yeast and two liter bottle.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #16

I want a DIY co2 water bottle thing, but that looks more difficult to understand than water chemistry . How long does it last, I know thousands of websites on it but it looks so hard.......
Old 09-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Simply have two cups sugar, two teaspoons bakers yeast, fill with Luke warm warm water to the curvature of the bottle. To make the top drill a hole smaller than the tubing, cut the tubing at a 45 degree angle, put the tip of the tubing into the hole and pull it through with needle nose pliers. The tubing should be hard to pull through the hole hence not needing silicone to seal it. The mixture lasts about two weeks use an airstone for a diffuser and badow your done. Any other questions let me know
Old 09-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atxpunx View Post
Simply have two cups sugar, two teaspoons bakers yeast, fill with Luke warm warm water to the curvature of the bottle. To make the top drill a hole smaller than the tubing, cut the tubing at a 45 degree angle, put the tip of the tubing into the hole and pull it through with needle nose pliers. The tubing should be hard to pull through the hole hence not needing silicone to seal it. The mixture lasts about two weeks use an airstone for a diffuser and badow your done. Any other questions let me know
I'm not trying to thread jack but that sounds like a nice simple way to make the set up, could u post some pics? Thanks!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hmm I could. Lego7978 do you mind? I don't wanna thread jack either.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'd like to know how these bulbs perform as well because i know I can rip the light setup out of my factory hood and hide these inside.

55g Planted - Stocking: 6 Angelfish (1 breeding pair), 8 Otocinclus, 4 Long Fin Danio, 5 Guppy, 1 Cobra Endler, 3 Platy, 3 German Blue Ram, 1 Pleco. Plants: Amazon Sword, Java Fern, Water Wisteria, Crypt. Wendtii Red, Crypt. Lutea, Red Myrio, Jungle Val, Corkscrew Val, Anubias Nana, Marimo Moss Ball, Rotala Indica.
xXNirvana69Xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cichlid, cichlids, co2, ich, light, plant, plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com