Columbian Spotted Plecostomus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was at the LFS today to bring in a few if my gups and this little guy caught my eye. I am currently researching everything I can about him but I couldn't pass him up seeing how she was selling them for only 6.99 :)

ForumRunner_20120817_162016.jpg

ForumRunner_20120817_162027.jpg

Koi, colombian spotted plecos are being sold as such, they're Leopard plecos. Get the same size as commons. :\

Chiroptera said:
Koi, colombian spotted plecos are being sold as such, they're Leopard plecos. Get the same size as commons. :\

Lol well that helps because I can't find much on them, he is currently in the 29 but if he gets that size I will move him to the 75 when that get up and running just to be safe.

Aquavic said:
Commons need at least a 150

Lol I am very well aware in how big of a tank commons need, Chiro was right about it though, the pleco I have is a species that is derived from the Glyptoperichthys gibbiceps group a.k.a the Leopard Plecostomus, although it is slightly different from the Leopard. It can get up to 50cm (about 19in. or so)
I am prepared to rehome the pleco when it grows larger.

Back
Top Bottom