Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Corydoras hastatus and Platy additions :) (56K-no no)

I recently added 2 Corydoras hastatus to my fish family and they are so adorable, so I thought I'd share some pictures. They are currently living in my 3g planted tank that I have recently redone until they get a bit bigger. I know what you are thinking....cories live in shoals! I hope to pick up atleast 6 more next week when the store gets more in...maybe even 8 more....and if I can't get them from the store, I'll buy some online. I'll keep them in the 3g until they grow a bit and then either upgrade their tank to a 5.5g or even a 10g....we'll see. They are about 1/2" or so now, so are really small.

Anywho...here are some pictures:

And their tank:

They are on the right side. If you know how small HC (the foreground plant) is, then you can get an idea of their size. And keep in mind the tank is 3g, so not very big at all. I can't wait to get more.

I also added 6 Platies to my 29g tank, but they are so hard to take pictures of! I have never kept livebearers before (suprisingly) in my 4 years of fishkeeping, but they were so pretty that I finally gave in.

Here are the few pictures I could get of them (sorry they are not clear!):

Sunburst platy (I got 2 of these guys)

Blue Platy

Sunburst and another Platy (forgot which type it was)

Everyone is settling in nicely!

2 planted tanks: 40g, 20g ; 38g Reef tank
My links to pics: 40g breeder planted build, 40g breeder planted update, My 38g Reef Build

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
the cories are adorable

"... if any one specie does not become modified and improved in a corresponding degree with its competitors, it will soon be exterminated." - Charles Darwin
evercl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Pretty fish!!
From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.
rich311k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Ugh, I just love the cories! Their tank is beeeyoootiful, too.

I really like platies, too--yours are lovely. They look nice and healthy--

Very nice!

Remember that Darwin was mostly right!
plecoperson is offline   Reply With Quote

cory, corydora, corydoras, platy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com