Could not pass him up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they made a mistake... They sent you a blurry betta! Maybe he's related to Bigfoot.

Haha, I know, it is impossible to get a good pic when they are all energetic. He's a beautiful shade of blue.

I can't seem to get a good picture of mine because he is so solid black. I'm going to try with my actual camera and a good flash later today to see if I can get some detail in a picture of him. He has a little silvery patch on each gill flap and the very very tips of his pelvic fins are white, but other than that he is seriously solid black. He was greyish when I got him but he colored up in less than an hour and started exploring. Seems to be a happy little fish now. And he was overjoyed at his first meal after his trip - frozen bloodworms. My other two are really enjoying their divided tank, too. I just need to get some decorations in there so they can explore.

Edit - he must be happy, I just walked in to check on him and he has blown a big old bubble nest! Lucky's has gotten bigger, and as of right now the only one without one is Prince the crowntail, and I think that's because the filter is on his side of the divider so he doesn't have quite so still water.

I think they made a mistake... They sent you a blurry betta! Maybe he's related to Bigfoot.

Haha, I know, it is impossible to get a good pic when they are all energetic. He's a beautiful shade of blue.

I can't seem to get a good picture of mine because he is so solid black. I'm going to try with my actual camera and a good flash later today to see if I can get some detail in a picture of him. He has a little silvery patch on each gill flap and the very very tips of his pelvic fins are white, but other than that he is seriously solid black. He was greyish when I got him but he colored up in less than an hour and started exploring. Seems to be a happy little fish now. And he was overjoyed at his first meal after his trip - frozen bloodworms. My other two are really enjoying their divided tank, too. I just need to get some decorations in there so they can explore.

Edit - he must be happy, I just walked in to check on him and he has blown a big old bubble nest! Lucky's has gotten bigger, and as of right now the only one without one is Prince the crowntail, and I think that's because the filter is on his side of the divider so he doesn't have quite so still water.

yeah !lol just as I snapped the pic, he decided to turn...and my camera is not real good at close up... guess I will wait til hes asleep...the only time he isnt moving! Went to Pet co and petsmart and ended up with 7 bettas! But thats fine as we are building a breeding stock. First attempt failed as Guinevere lost her stripe and lost her eggs...we were too late getting the breeding tank. but I do have 2 adult VT ladies and 2 adult males just waiting for the ladies to stripe up!
I do like your new black... one day I may have to get one as well!

Back
Top Bottom