couldn't help myself :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been wanting a betta for some time now but just haven't found the perfect one yet.... Until today.
While doing some running around and running errands, I came across him at Walmart. I know I know Walmart isn't the best place for fish but something about him just caught my eye.

ForumRunner_20120802_182311.jpg

He is currently in my 10G nursery tank with some of my guppy fry. So far no issues but I've been watching him very closely and will move him if I have to.

Thank you! He is purple with white fins, I've never seen one with that color at this store before. His fins are a little torn but they should heal soon and they will look a bit fuller. So far no problems what so ever with him being in the fry tank, I think I just might keep him in there :)

butterfly_koi said:
Thank you! He is purple with white fins, I've never seen one with that color at this store before. His fins are a little torn but they should heal soon and they will look a bit fuller. So far no problems what so ever with him being in the fry tank, I think I just might keep him in there :)

What a great find! I would love a betta like that!

He's gorgeous!!! I am so happy that there are others who rescue too:) I found my white boy at Wally and he was so pitiful!! Congrats on your find:)

Scott F said:
Ok so he's on the dash but did you let him steer the car??

Haha! He was only on the dash because we had stopped off to run through a drive-through real quick and I wanted to show him off as soon as I got him. And no I didn't leave him on the dash lol I held on to him the whole time

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'm not usually a betta person, in fact this is my first but he was just too cute to pass up.

Here's him this morning a little more relaxed than yesterday. I wish my phone took better pictures because this pic doesn't do him justice :)

ForumRunner_20120803_165341.jpg

absolutangel04 said:
Poor guy. He thought he was going to be able to drive. :(

Lol well maybe when he gets a little older I'll let him drive

He's still doing good today, I was afraid that he would have problems adapting to the water but so far so good.
He doesn't seen keen on the food I feed the fry though, I might have to go and pick up something else for him.

I'd thought I'd do a quick update on him here instead of starting a new thread. I moved him into the 29G today with the rest of the community. He seems to really enjoy the plants, and his fins look soOo much better compared to how they were when I first got him.

ForumRunner_20120824_234924.jpg
After trying out three different foods with him I finally found one he will eat.

PicsArt_1345868371757.jpg

And now he is finally used to me coming up to the tank and sits there and stares at me instead of hiding all of the time :)

So glad he's doing well. In the 1st pic he looks a lot like my Simon. Since I put Simon in his 10g his colors have really darkened up. I love to see a happy & healthy Betta.

Wow he is gorgeous my hubby's poor guy got beat up buy a bicher( whom is now gone) his fins are growing back and is also now in my community 37g.

Back
Top Bottom