couldn't stop myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manbeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
saw this guy at my LFS for $6.99 and absolutely had to have him, my wife named him pinchy and he's a blue prawn told he can be a little agressive and possibly predatory but so far seems pretty timid, right now he's about 4 inches long and so are his claws definitely the new tank favorite

Attachments

• image-3298417223.jpg
    image-3298417223.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 144
  • image-2344044546.jpg
    image-2344044546.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 141
saw this guy at my LFS for $6.99 and absolutely had to have him, my wife named him pinchy and he's a blue prawn told he can be a little agressive and possibly predatory but so far seems pretty timid, right now he's about 4 inches long and so are his claws definitely the new tank favorite
Neat guy, I hope you don't have any fish with long, flowing fins in there. They're great at nabbing those tempting fins.

It's always hit or miss with those guys, I'm sure a bunch of people can back me up on this. Even short finned fast fish are at risk of attacks. I just hope you got lucky! :oops:

Really cool fish though, I've always wanted one!

phoenixkiller said:
Neat guy, I hope you don't have any fish with long, flowing fins in there. They're great at nabbing those tempting fins.

It's always hit or miss with those guys, I'm sure a bunch of people can back me up on this. Even short finned fast fish are at risk of attacks. I just hope you got lucky! :oops:

Really cool fish though, I've always wanted one!

IME they'll try and get fish while they "sleep" at the bottom of the tank. Just keep an eye out.

Not really a fish btw... Lol :)

Forgot to add,

Do you think you can get any side shots of him? They're really cool, nice find!!

Last edited by a moderator:
as far as him catching fish I wouldn't mind guppie herd needs to be thinned anyhow, I'll try to get some side views as soon as he decides to allow it

some more pics, he's definately a secretive little fella

image-270427603.jpg

Mister Pinchy

image-2728982320.jpg

his castle

image-1883403468.jpg

his kingdom

phoenixkiller said:
That's awesome. Looks like he's got lotsa room. His kingdom is very pretty... and green lol.

Nice invert!

thanks, it kinda bugs me now that I made him such a nice cave he never comes out, just hangs out at the entrance watching the world swim by

imtcurveball said:
And mines a little more social but every other crayfish or lobster ive had has always stayed in a cave a while

well before I left for work tonight he was hanging out under the driftwood arch

Back
Top Bottom