Couple new fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
Hit the tail-end of some LFS boxing week sales and came home with 4 Betta coccina (at $1.99 ea, I couldn't pass them up) and 2 Florida flagfish ($1.50 each...cheap like borscht).

Nice acquisitions, Toirtis.....especially the Betta coccina. Unfortunately we rarely see anything except Betta splendens around here (and the one Betta species I REALLY want - Betta macrostoma - is prohibitively expensive).

-Joe

Fruitbat said:
(and the one Betta species I REALLY want - Betta macrostoma - is prohibitively expensive).

-Joe

Oh gods, don't remind me....I want some too, but the last few pairs that I have seen for sale (and few and far bewteen they were) were all in the neighbourhood of $325-$375/pair. :roll:

Toirtis, is there a place to see pics of your stuff, it sounds awesome and I can't find any in your gallery.
Give us a peek!

Hara said:
Toirtis, is there a place to see pics of your stuff, it sounds awesome and I can't find any in your gallery.
Give us a peek!

Just as soon as I get a digicam....I have been waffling on it forever, and have just not been able to decide on model...I almost bought a finepix in October, but put it off, and am now looking at a coolpix, but waiting for a good sale (the boxing day sales up here were awful).

Hey Christian, i will lend you mine for photos if you are so inclined.

I can't wait to see these new Bettas you got

SerLunchbox said:
Hey Christian, i will lend you mine for photos if you are so inclined.

I can't wait to see these new Bettas you got

May just take you up on that....with luck, I will have my van happy and healthy before long. The bettas are pretty boring so far....about 3cm long, thin, and brown....but I am hoping that the NLS will have that fixed before long so that they look more like:

http://www.fishbreeding.dk/grafik/coc_b_coccina1.jpg

Fruitbat said:
(and the one Betta species I REALLY want - Betta macrostoma - is prohibitively expensive).
Hm, I saw a pic of the Betta macrostoma on the January T.F.H. mag and they do look very interesting. That Betta coccina looks interesting as well. :D

Back
Top Bottom