Disabled but full of life!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OrionPax

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My local mom & pop fish store appealed to my bleeding heart and talked me into adopting a disabled Sun Catfish (they told me it was a mystus till I got home and did more research). He's missing all his fins, except his tail, but has still survived for almost a month now without them.

At the store he would just hide in the back of the tank and chill, but now that he's in my tank he thinks he's the boss! He loves swimming through any decoration he comes across and has managed to put my two algea eaters in line. He even keeps them from chasing my other fish!

Special Agent Gibbs doesn't mess around, buddy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421342004580.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421342004580.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 211
The fins will probably grow back if they still have the base. but good job rescuing glad he is working out.

He's beautiful, poor little guy. Water quality will have to be perfect to prevent infection. I'm so glad you rescued him. I have a soft heart for this stuff. Lost a fish today. This story makes me feel better. :dance:

Aw, wishing you the best with him! One of my Corys (I call him Herschel--of course I had to name him!) came to me like that--no fins, not even his tail fin. He ended up growing everything back but his dorsal fin. He's since grown up huge and healthy. Hope yours grows his back, and even if he doesn't he's lucky you came upon him. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He reminds me of a catfish from my LFS. Some lady gave it to them as, she had it in a pond with some aggressive fish, and it had stubs for fins and the tail.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

There doesn't look to be any sign that it had pectoral fins in the first place, it may have hatched that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My local mom & pop fish store appealed to my bleeding heart and talked me into adopting a disabled Sun Catfish (they told me it was a mystus till I got home and did more research). He's missing all his fins, except his tail, but has still survived for almost a month now without them.

At the store he would just hide in the back of the tank and chill, but now that he's in my tank he thinks he's the boss! He loves swimming through any decoration he comes across and has managed to put my two algea eaters in line. He even keeps them from chasing my other fish!

Special Agent Gibbs doesn't mess around, buddy.

That last part just made my day...:)

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

Back
Top Bottom