driftwood!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
So boredom struck in today and I decided to look for some new DW. I think I have enough as it is but its always fun to find more interesting pieces. As many in the US know, it has been very hot out. Most of the creek beds down here in Missouri have dried up

Before and after

View attachment 101772

View attachment 101773

Which isn't all bad because now the water its down, I've found some cool pieces

View attachment 101777

View attachment 101778

Can't wait to see how these ones will turn out!

Pretty cool! I wanna see a pic once you put it in the tank!!!

Thanks! I'm not really for sure if I want to use the larger piece but it never hurts to try it out
I just put them in my 55 that's sitting in my yard, I call it my water bucket tank :)

Right now I'm soaking it to see how soft it will be, its too big to boil so I guess I'll just have to do frequent hot water changes in my 55 gallon bucket

I just throw the wood right in after a good scrubbing. I use to boil it etc... I'm impatient. Nice wood though. Beautiful pictures too!

butterfly_koi said:
I'm impatient too but these pieces float like no other. I'll soak them for at least a week or more

Gotcha the pieces I get from my buddy at the LFS gets me sink right away :)

I've looked at my lfs and she has some nice pieces but I find my best pieces just a few miles down the road, and when I'm out hunting I always find a few good pieces while crossing the creeks to get to the stand

Alright so one of my pieces decided to sink this morning :) and the water was clear in my tub so I decided to take a chance and put it in the tank. I has to cut 6 in. off of the top so it would fit in my 29 and decided that my other pieces will probably go in my 75. Bare with me this picture was taken soon after I put it in and the sand needed to settle back down, I'll post another picture after it clears up :)

View attachment 102268

Back
Top Bottom