Duncans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kurt_Nelson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well... as a public service to MsBeanCtr, I figured I'd buy something new so she didn't get a complex that she was the only one buying stuff.

Not really.

Actually, my torch had been in "time out" for several weeks after several different pruning sessions because it had a couple sweepers that just kept getting longer by the week. The wife and I decided that while it was a nice looking coral and was growing like a weed, it was the wrong coral for our little 46g. So it got yanked, and traded in for something a little less aggressive, yet still with wavy tentacles.

Here's the new addition to the family, a Duncanopsammia axifuga...

img_886269_0_a2b1aa6257e14e511aa3ccc3e10f2c87.jpg

img_886269_1_f6eff2c103acbba0783ab664d504fa12.jpg

Nice coral. They can grow kinda fast under the right conditions. But are a deeper water from autrialia type coral. GL..

Awesome pickup. I got a duncan a few months ago it only had one head/polyp now has 6. They do grow quickly but are an interesting addition.

I need that! Oooohhh! Now I get it Kurt.....that's why you said Barrier Reef didn't have anything special....YOU wanted to hoard all of the good corals! LOL

Really nice coral-congrats!!

I need that! Oooohhh! Now I get it Kurt.....that's why you said Barrier Reef didn't have anything special....YOU wanted to hoard all of the good corals! LOL...

:mrgreen:

You can go there now! I'm done for a while.

Actually... they have another one there just like mine, only a couple less heads. I left that one for you.

Duncans are great. A great investment too considering the conditions of Australian coral imports.

Mine aren't growing more heads very fast, but the heads that were already there when I bought mine went from dime-sized to 50-cent piece sized.

i liked yours so much i went to a fish store in the town im working at and picked up some duncans :)

Back
Top Bottom