Dwarf/Chain Loaches (botia sidthimunki)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blucat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well today a REALLY genorous friend bought me 4 Dwarf Loaches, scientific name: botia sidthimunki.
Looks like this: http://images.google.com/images?q=b...h+Images20sidthimunki&btnG=Search&sa=N&tab=wi

They were $AU 15 each and they are really active. They are cute n tiny, about 5cm long.

I have researched basic specs on these but I'd like to know more. If you have any info about these or tips for keeping loaches, please do share. This is my first experience with loaches, so if you have any personal experience please share too.

Nice looking loach. Good thing that you got 4 of them as they generally prefer to remain in groups ... and this way you will see their natural behaviors more.

If you have snails, you can almost say goodbye to them. These guys will eliminate them because of such a small snout on them. I think that the larger apple snails are a little bit safer but not by much.

Thanks everyone! yes, i have LOTS of little tiny pond snails and the snails have disapeared from the front glass. So live foods is the way to go! ;) Already they are up around the tank chasing each other around and snuffling away at snails. They havnt been hiding at all since they were acclimiated.

Zags: my friend bought them for me on one condition-they have to be alive when she comes back a year later. lol i'll make sure they are :)

Back
Top Bottom