Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Smile Dwarf puffer plan & betta

Ok. I have been thinking about this for a bit... I am getting a ten-gallon tank that comes with a hood/light, a filter, and a few other things. I will have to look again... the tank cost $30.00 but it does not include a heater, I’ll buy that separately. I'm gonna get FAKE plants, as real plants need alot of light. I will feed my puffers Frozen bloodworms (try as some don’t like frozen) and Snails. What kind should I feed them? I’m planning to get two dwarf puffers. I will have sand not gravel since the puffers sometimes are sucked into the gravel cleaners. I will buy the kit for cycling my tank.

Now the Betta...
I have a betta named Mr. Beans. He is in a bowl. By himself. I was going to get him a ten gallon too. But I have a few questions on this... Do I need to cycle this tank? Or use a filter? It will only be him in this tank. I might get him a frog at petsmart will I need to cycle + filter for this guy?

-Omgitsammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
For the puffer: avoid freeze-dried food. Regular old frozen is fine though.
What "kit" are you talking about for cycling? Like a test kit, for checking parameters?

YES you need to cycle and yes you need a filter for the betta. Also, he should have a heater as well.
jenatron is offline   Reply With Quote

betta, dwarf, dwarf puffer, puffer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com