Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

No they will eat or either way but of course one that is smaller will probably do better for them

Old 10-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Regular

You can also feed them small fiddler craps I would say feed snails or craps ounce a week. If that tooth becomes over grown the will refuse to eat and eventually starve to death.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnkevin4ever View Post
It's a spotted green puffer! Does it matter on size of snail small or large?
The size of the snail doesn't really matter. They will eat anything you drop into their tank. Usually, they can fit snails in their mouth that are the size of their eyeball. Experienced puffer keepers usually treat new puffers for internal parasites and recommend others to follow. I have not tried this yet since I bought all my fish as a beginner, but look at this site: Multi Purpose Fish Medications

Hopefully you would treat and cure whatever bump is on your fish's stomach.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:43 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance View Post
The size of the snail doesn't really matter. They will eat anything you drop into their tank. Usually, they can fit snails in their mouth that are the size of their eyeball. Experienced puffer keepers usually treat new puffers for internal parasites and recommend others to follow. I have not tried this yet since I bought all my fish as a beginner, but look at this site: Multi Purpose Fish Medications

Hopefully you would treat and cure whatever bump is on your fish's stomach.
I wouldn't even know which med to treat it. I got some seachem prime on the way it's suppose to be good for puffers. Any ideas on the med I need to get?
Old 10-29-2011, 12:47 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to the scene View Post
You can also feed them small fiddler craps I would say feed snails or craps ounce a week. If that tooth becomes over grown the will refuse to eat and eventually starve to death.
Okay thank u and what would I feed on a day to day basis? I know with him being 2-3 inches I feed once a day for six days then one day without food, right or am I wrong?
Old 10-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

I dont know fish disease and meds. Its up to you to do some research now. If you want to easily feed for gsp, then go buy frozen raw shrimp, mussel, cockle, clams, etc. Thaw in a cup of tank water. You could even add Seachem's vitamin water during the thawing period as cheap insurance for your fish to get all of its vitamins.

Setup another tank with refugium in the very near future. There are a lot of expense and work ahead of you.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:37 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh btw an easy way to remember feeding schedule is to use this formula: (max size of gsp) - (current size of gsp) = (number of times per week you feed your gsp)

In your case: ~7 minus ~2.5 = ~4.5 times per week

Yes good gsp keepers are able to grow their gsp to 7 inches.
This formula is my own, but everyone has a different theory to how much to feed a gsp in a week.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:59 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnkevin4ever

Okay thank u and what would I feed on a day to day basis? I know with him being 2-3 inches I feed once a day for six days then one day without food, right or am I wrong?
You could feed the blood worms or brine shrimp in those feeder nets you can buy this way you minimize the dirty eating habits he has. They font tend to eat lakes or pellets. I say feed every other day or three days
Old 10-29-2011, 02:01 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnkevin4ever

I say feed blood worms and brine shrimp they are carnivores: no flakes or pellets. You can use those feeding nets from the stores to minimize there bad eating habits and the effect it will have on your little tank. I say feed every 2 or 3 days just watch and see if he is really hungry
Old 10-29-2011, 02:03 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance
Oh btw an easy way to remember feeding schedule is to use this formula: (max size of gsp) - (current size of gsp) = (number of times per week you feed your gsp)

In your case: ~7 minus ~2.5 = ~4.5 times per week

Yes good gsp keepers are able to grow their gsp to 7 inches.
This formula is my own, but everyone has a different theory to how much to feed a gsp in a week.
You can try this to 4x week

Tags
dwarf, dwarf puffer, puffer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com