Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnkevin4ever
It died...
From experience freshwater dwarf puffers are very hardy fish the will hold ip to any hardness and just need to be acclimated"drip method" for a longer then usual method and IMO fresh is easier then salt. You van still use that 10 gal have 2-3 1 male though. And keep it planted or well decorated to avoid aggression

Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Freak

What is drip method? And I was just planning to get one dp, to avoid aggression totally!

Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnkevin4ever View Post
What is drip method? And I was just planning to get one dp, to avoid aggression totally!
Okay I read on the drip method, interesting!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:37 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:

Okay I read on the drip method, interesting!
Just put him in a container or leave him in the bag remove about 1/2 of the water if your keeping him in the bag. Just let the water drip on to the water he is in for like an hour I say about 1-2 drops a second and he shouldn't be so stressed when you put him into the water and it's up to you if you only want 1 puffer. You can have shrimp with him but add the shrimps first this way he doesn't automatically assume it's food and hopefully they survive. The Research I've done has me convinced that they dont have the same problem with that tooth so you don't have to worry about it but a snail a week is a nice treat.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to the scene View Post
Just put him in a container or leave him in the bag remove about 1/2 of the water if your keeping him in the bag. Just let the water drip on to the water he is in for like an hour I say about 1-2 drops a second and he shouldn't be so stressed when you put him into the water and it's up to you if you only want 1 puffer. You can have shrimp with him but add the shrimps first this way he doesn't automatically assume it's food and hopefully they survive. The Research I've done has me convinced that they dont have the same problem with that tooth so you don't have to worry about it but a snail a week is a nice treat.
Okay cool would u happen to know if I need to use the ammonia to cycle a salt water tank? If not I will figure it out! Thanks
Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:

Okay cool would u happen to know if I need to use the ammonia to cycle a salt water tank? If not I will figure it out! Thanks
Not sure on that one
Old 11-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #57
Aquarium Advice Freak

Okay thanks!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:40 AM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to the scene

Dont you need a special dtip tube? Or did you diy to make this?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:44 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Regular

DIY with a tube the old fashion way. Dr foster and smith has a awesome acclimation set up. A container that replaces a the water inside it with your tank water removing all the water it came in through a drip method. Its pretty pricey $50 I believe but your fish or coral will never be out of the water
Old 11-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Bonjour! I had a look at your pics. Did your puffers belly always have that grey band? Did it get any darker or lighter? I don't mean to be mean but puffers when they have happy have a bright white belly, healthy ones change a bit, when mine is sad (hungry and not seen me for hours) she has a light grey band, they love people an are like puppies. But she mainly has a bright white belly, their stomachs can be weird shapes at times e.g. after feeding and when hungry. As for snails, well I read about the eye sized snails are good... Mine crushed the shell in one bite and because the shell was the same colour as the snail it was hard for her to find the flesh and also hardly any of it!

Cleggat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dwarf, dwarf puffer, puffer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com