Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thank you all so much!
Ill keep ya posted with questions. and the whole process!!
Off too do more research.!

Old 02-28-2011, 02:04 AM   #22

If i were to get a 15 gallon tank. Gravel, a filter, a heater, food, plants,a gravel cleaner and cycle the tank. Is that all i gotta really do? How much would the price range be?
Could i fit 2 female and 1 male dwarf puffer in there and a Otocinclus ?

Old 02-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor It's a bit conservative, but it's still a great tool for trying to figure out how you want to stock your tank.

If you're buying new, price range is probably 100$-250$ depending where you live and how much light you'll need for your plants. For puffers you'll want to create some caves and such with rock or driftwood.

The otocinclus do better in groups of 3-5. According to aqadvisor you should be fine with 3 dwarf puffers and 3-5 oto cats, just make sure you get a filter rated for 30 gallons, or two 15g filters.
Deep Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #24

Just be sure that if you keep Otos in a tank that small your supplementing their diet with blanched peas and squash, otherwise they will rapidly consume any algae and biofilm resulting in starvation.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #25

Alright. I think I thought this through.. But I think im gonna get a 10 gallon.. Or 15, Based on what walmart sells. I'll check here soon.. For a 10 gallon, Ill have 1 dwarf puffer and two Otocinclus. Now, If i get a 15 gallon.. I'll put 2 Dwarf puffers and 2 Otocinclus. For the first couple weeks ill Start out with 1-2 puffers, on the 3 week ill start with the Oto Cats.. Sound good? I'm still checking if this will all fit. But my next step is getting the money..
Old 02-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #26
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd recommend waiting quite a bit longer before adding otos. 6 months plus typically because of the points raised by Gillie. They can be supplemented, but that is never a guarantee IME.

Tags
dwarf, dwarf puffer, dwarf puffers, puffer, puffers

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com