Dwarf Puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you all so much!
Ill keep ya posted with questions. and the whole process!!
Off too do more research.!

If i were to get a 15 gallon tank. Gravel, a filter, a heater, food, plants,a gravel cleaner and cycle the tank. Is that all i gotta really do? How much would the price range be?
Could i fit 2 female and 1 male dwarf puffer in there and a Otocinclus ? :confused:

I like AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor It's a bit conservative, but it's still a great tool for trying to figure out how you want to stock your tank.

If you're buying new, price range is probably 100$-250$ depending where you live and how much light you'll need for your plants. For puffers you'll want to create some caves and such with rock or driftwood.

The otocinclus do better in groups of 3-5. According to aqadvisor you should be fine with 3 dwarf puffers and 3-5 oto cats, just make sure you get a filter rated for 30 gallons, or two 15g filters.

Just be sure that if you keep Otos in a tank that small your supplementing their diet with blanched peas and squash, otherwise they will rapidly consume any algae and biofilm resulting in starvation.

Reactions: HN1
Alright. I think I thought this through.. But I think im gonna get a 10 gallon.. Or 15, Based on what walmart sells. I'll check here soon.. For a 10 gallon, Ill have 1 dwarf puffer and two Otocinclus. Now, If i get a 15 gallon.. I'll put 2 Dwarf puffers and 2 Otocinclus. For the first couple weeks ill Start out with 1-2 puffers, on the 3 week ill start with the Oto Cats.. Sound good? I'm still checking if this will all fit. But my next step is getting the money.. :)

I'd recommend waiting quite a bit longer before adding otos. 6 months plus typically because of the points raised by Gillie. They can be supplemented, but that is never a guarantee IME.

Back
Top Bottom