ember tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommytron

Aquarium Advice Addict
we finally picked up our ten ember tetras last night for our 10 gallon tank. the LFS had been holding them for 3 weeks for us. these guys were just babies when they came in and are still only about 3/4 of an inch, if that. they were a little pale last night but were nice and bright this morning and even brighter after some brine shrimp. everyone looks good so far! below are some of the best shots we got, the rest of the album is here-> Picasa Web Albums - Rachel - ember tetras! enjoy :)

DSCN3572.JPG

DSCN3583.JPG

DSCN3602.JPG

DSCN3611.JPG

DSCN3623.JPG

looks great. embers are one of my fav fish. they are amazing schooling fish. if you only have embers in there i would think of adding maybe 5 more. i have 50-60 of them in my 120.

thanks! you think i could do more than 10 in my 10g? hmmm maybe i shoulda got more... i still can probably have them hold more for me. i was hoping to add some red cherry shrimp at some point too. maybe if i get like 4 more embers i could still get away with 3 or 4 cherry shrimp?

Awesome! I love my Embers and I need to beef up my school. I definitely think you could do 14 in a 10g. They get maybe an inch full grown. And you'd still have room for something else. I only have 8 in my 40 breeder now and the school looks tiny! I need like 10-15 more. :)

I have 4 serapi tetras in my tank along with 4 neons and a pearl gourami. I'm ready to add a couple more fish maybe even another gourami. I understand if you get 2 males they might fight. How about if I get another to pair off together. Once, I find out whether I have a male or female. Any suggestions on how to tell. I read the dorsel fin tells the truth. My gouramis is curved not pointed. Is it a female?

thanks guys, we love them. they are sooo much fun to watch, amazing schoolers. i think i might give the LFS a call and see if they will keep 4 more for us to pick up next wednesday (only day i pick up fish that are less than $5 anymore--2 for 1!) because i didn't really realize how small they will stay. so in the end, we will have 14 embers, and maybe 4 or 5 red cherry shrimp? we'll see :)

I have 4 serapi tetras in my tank along with 4 neons and a pearl gourami. I'm ready to add a couple more fish maybe even another gourami. I understand if you get 2 males they might fight. How about if I get another to pair off together. Once, I find out whether I have a male or female. Any suggestions on how to tell. I read the dorsel fin tells the truth. My gouramis is curved not pointed. Is it a female?

not sure you might want to start your own thread about that ;)

Awesome! I love my Embers and I need to beef up my school. I definitely think you could do 14 in a 10g. They get maybe an inch full grown. And you'd still have room for something else. I only have 8 in my 40 breeder now and the school looks tiny! I need like 10-15 more. :)
i know someone who has them buy one get one free right now and they are only $1 each. its a steal.

Back
Top Bottom