Feather Duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a feather duster yes. He/She is purple and peach. I should have a picture up later. I was told I need to feed it or it will starve. What should I feed it.?

I would feed it phytoplankton and zooplankton. If you make your own homemade fishfood, with various raw seafoods and some nori, make sure there are varying particle sizes from liquified to fishy bite size....you probably need to do little more than feed the tank.

Could you please explain the whole, seafood recipie. I was told to buy some frozen mysis shrimp and throw a bit in. Here is a pic of my tank and then my duster.

I have 15 white FD's and haven't ever target fed mine, as it gets enough at the time of feeding..I see everynow and again, they get something in their feathers and suck back in. I have tried to target feed in the past and it was worthless. They just sat there like nothing was going on... I did some reading and most articles say to target feed but that they are filter feeders and get nutrients from the water all of the time, and not just feeding time...Mixing the homade food, will give the whole tank nutrients and will be beneficial...good luck with it.. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom