Feeding Moray Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dukereddevil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys I have a grey Moray eel not sure if its eating does the Moray Eel eat dry worm cubes ?? I tried to feed dry shrimp using tweezers but my eel seems very shy and not eating any advice will be appreciated

Sent from my AO5510 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Moray eels are completely saltwater. Are you sure you don't mean a tire track eel or a flame eel? They may need live food. Drop a live earthworm right in front of him. See if he take that.

Its a Moray Eel I read many articles says Moray are from Salt water how every I checked with the shop keeper who says these are fresh water Eel he advised me to feed live fish but my tank has a RD while eats 17 feeding fish with in two days which leave the Eel nothing I'm thinking to get a tweezers and try feeding

Attachments

• 1439131903350.jpg
    1439131903350.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 79
Its a Moray Eel I read many articles says Moray are from Salt water how every I checked with the shop keeper who says these are fresh water Eel he advised me to feed live fish but my tank has a RD while eats 17 feeding fish with in two days which leave the Eel nothing I'm thinking to get a tweezers and try feeding

Gymnothorax tile

Often sold as a freshwater eel(believe I commented on a thread like this yesterday) and here to correct myself.

This species can *survive* in freshwater... For it to thrive though it is best to house it in brackish or marine conditions for ample health.

It's an eel, most are nocturnal and like to hide. Undoubtedly I would try spot feeding it directly.

Caleb

How big is it? It's probably not going to eat freeze dried foods. Your best bet is to go to the grocery store and get some raw frozen shrimp and cut it to a size it's able to eat or get frozen or live feeders from the lfs

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I will getting fresh fish and try a pieces tomorrow

This may sound stupid just out of curiosity why should I feed chicken any particular reson

I've never heard of feeding chicken and wouldn't recommend it considering it's not part of its natural diet

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom