Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Female gold gourami agression

Hey-ya, i have a 10 ga tank with 1 male and 1 female gold gourami and everything started out fine until about 2 months later the female started harassing the male to the point of him being malnurished and shrinking. Anyway, to resolve the problem i added a male dalmation molly and 2 female creamsicle mollies, i know bioload, blah blah, i have it well filtered and have a great upkeep system going on. And now the only difference is that she has more fish to bully, ive quarantined her for a day, changed to scenary and kept the light off, and nothing is helping, any ideas????

Tomd500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
My Dad's advice to me on this problem, no lie, was to whack my "bad" fish with a yard stick when it attacked the others. HA! He swears it used to work like a charm for him but I think he's crazy! I ended up taking my aggressive fish back to the store, I couldn't figure it out either.

Emclenaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Haha, i got a good laugh out of that, i guess ill try it lol
Tomd500 is offline   Reply With Quote

female, gold, gourami

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com