Finally found some local khulis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tnfinfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Stopped in at the fish store on my way home and looked through the tanks. I saw a black khuli peeking out from under driftwood. Crossed my fingers and asked the lady if she would see whether there were a couple more in there. They had three so I took all of them. She said she got a batch in because a customer requested khulis so I do hope they got theirs before I cleaned them out :ermm: And, since she mentioned it, I asked if she could get panda Cory cats and she added them to today's order. Wheeee!!! :dance:

Stopped in at the fish store on my way home and looked through the tanks. I saw a black khuli peeking out from under driftwood. Crossed my fingers and asked the lady if she would see whether there were a couple more in there. They had three so I took all of them. She said she got a batch in because a customer requested khulis so I do hope they got theirs before I cleaned them out :ermm: And, since she mentioned it, I asked if she could get panda Cory cats and she added them to today's order. Wheeee!!! :dance:

You may not see too much of them but when they come out to play they are adorable. Since i've had the 6 i own i have seen 5/6 out on two occasions over the course of 3-4 weeks. One is always hanging out in the leaves at the top of my tank and they peek out lots from their cave. They are getting more confident with time. I'm planning to split the stock in one tank to add about 6 more to the 6 i already own. Hopefully they become very outgoing then. A nice choice to add to your tank.

I have seen all three this morning! I thought they'd be so shy after everything I've heard but they're going nuts exploring everything. Happy to see that none of the other fish are bothering them.

I'd like to get another three with the stripe pattern. I assume that they'll interact with the solid colored ones just like the various Cory cats do.

They will probably calm down a bit and hide out more later. Make sure you have some good places for them to hide, they do like to be in the dark. They are probably looking around for a good place to hide out, since that is in their nature.
I had both the striped and the black ones, and I would say that they don't interact a ton. they will go to hide out in the same places, but definitely prefer the company of their own species. But, they get along fine, so it works. :)

They've found spaces under all of the ornaments. Apparently, the tighter the squeeze, the better because they abandoned the spacious, dark area behind a rock that they chose when first released for the tight fit under other things. I'm going to cover most of the entrance to the cave ornament the next time I'm sticking my arm in and see if they like that since none of the fish currently use it.

Back
Top Bottom