Finally found the mushrooms I'd been picturing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kurt_Nelson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you ever have a vision of what you want in a certain place in the tank, and actually find it! I got sooo lucky this weekend - I found exactly what I was looking for on exactly the right size/shape rock. Blue mushrooms...!

DSC05334-1.JPG

These are my first 'shrooms, and I'm totally amazed at how much they expand when the lights come on. Wow!

Nice. I love blue mushrooms. I got one for "free" when I bought my brain coral; the tank where the brain lived was covered in them, and the LFS guy fished around and found a loose one and tossed it in the bag. It has already spawned a couple of babies.

In my old house, there were mushrooms that looked like that growing in my cellar, only they were brown and not Corals... :D

They look pretty nice in the pics, and is that a hermit crab or something next to it? :D

Yup. That crab seems to end up in all my pictures for some reason. He's kind of evil looking, but he's actually the wimp of the bunch.

Kurt_Nelson said:
Yup. That crab seems to end up in all my pictures for some reason. He's kind of evil looking, but he's actually the wimp of the bunch.
Hmmm, that sounds like "linckia syndrome" to me!

Just so you can envision even more I had 3 or 4 mushrooms on a rock like you do there and this is what it looks like after a few years. Your`s will look like this too because they grow like crazy.

Attachments

• 100_0144_205.jpg
    100_0144_205.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom